Your Way Into the World of Nail Hygiene and Nail Art
Once again, it’s the time of the year for the mercury level to rise. The sweltering heat takes a toll on all of us in a lot of ways, but here we are there to talk about the ways in which we can care for our finger nails and toe nails.
Other than that we’ll also discuss some very innovative and spectacular summer nail art ideas. Our nails which grow way faster during the summers than winters requires some care and a little decoration for proper maintenance.
Let us begin with the care and maintenance tips.
Keep an Eye on Your Nail Habits
- Well kept and well-manicured nails speak volumes about a person’s personality and changes the entire demeanor.
- Moisturize your hands and nail cuticles with a good moisturizing cream or lotion after you wash your hands with soap or after you have washed your clothes with a detergent. As harsh soap can be dangerous for the skin and the nail area.
- Give up the habit of biting the nails and chewing the cuticles, it worsens the nail health and deteriorates their condition.
- Avoid trimming the nails after a bath as water ends up softening the nails. This leads to easy breakage of the nails.
- Stay away from smoking, as tobacco is known to discolour the nails making them look dull, yellowish and ugly.
Care for Your Diet
- The external condition of the nails and hair depends a lot on the hydration of the body. Drink plenty of water and eat lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and dry fruits to keep these protein treasures in good condition.
- Calcium and protein intake is quite vital for the nails as the nails are themselves made out of a protein called keratin. So don’t forget to consume milk and milk products on a regular basis to keep your nails shiny and healthy.
- Increase the intake of carrots and beetroots as carrots have a high amount of vitamin A, calcium and phosphorus whereas beetroots are called superfoods and are high in Vitamin D and Calcium content. These will make your nails stronger, thicker and reduce the brittleness.
- Food products rich in Folic acids such as citrus fruits, berries and whole grains go a huge extent in making the nails shinier, harder and livelier. So don’t forget to make these a part of your diet.
Some Enchanting Summer Nail Design Ideas
A Groovy Map Print Nail Design
- This is a very simple and easy to make nail design. All you need to do is dip the nails inside rubbing alcohol and take a little map print cutout.
- Stick this piece of printed paper over the alcohol dipped nails and Voila! , you’ll get your beautiful map printed nails.
- Keep in mind to apply a transparent polish underneath and over the nail paint or nail design. This will help retain the paint decoration for a longer duration.
A Soothing Palm Retreat
This nail art design idea is amongst the easiest. Apply a soothing pastel shade, something like a light violet or a dutch blue over a transparent base coat and draw two little palm trees with the details over the forefinger nail in dark shades of purple and coat it up with the transparent polish.
Ice Cream & Doughnut Pop Nail Design
- This nail art looks the best on pointed conical shaped nails. First, apply a transparent polish coat.
- Then take pastel blue, pink and violet nail colours.Paint the nails alternately with these colours.
- Use delicate nail art brushes to draw a cone ice cream in dark shades on the middle fingers and round doughnuts on the middle of the last fingers.
- After the entire thing dries up, finish it with a coat of the glazed transparent polish.
Aquatic Wonder Nail Art
- For this beautiful underwater nail art paint the nails with a white nail paint over the transparent base paint.
- After which you have to use a solid blue glitter colour. If you don’t have this glitter shade, then you might mix some transparent glitter with a solid blue nail colour and apply it halfway from the start of the nail to its middle.
- Then you’ll create bright red or orange starfishes at the end of the middle fingernail and the thumbnail.
- Finally, add little-dotted details over the starfishes in green or yellow to make them look more glamorous and realistic.